What does it mean to be a Helping Hand?
As a Helping Hand volunteer, you take part in turning our event planning to reality. You play an active and practical role, and your effort is really valuable to us. You will be volunteer for a day, where you can give a “helping hand” in the group of your choosing. You don’t need to come to all our planning meetings, but we ask you to attend at least the last 2 planning meetings, and you will have a leader which will plan everything you have to do. In other words: less work, more fun.
What can you do?
Anything! Or almost anything. You choose the group that you want to help in. We usually have 5 groups for each event: food, entertainment, service, media & marketing, and decoration. So you can contribute with what you already like to do, or maybe you want to challenge yourself into something new? Up to you. You can help us by dancing, by making food, by being a model to our Gallafest, you can sing, take photos or help us clean – up to you.
What do you get as a NBD Helping Hand?
✔ Volunteer Certificate, which can really give you a boost when you apply for a job or an education
✔ CAS points, if you study at KG / IB
✔ Network and really special moments with a fun group of people
✔ You make a difference in the society, in just one day.
Right now we need Helping Hands to our upcoming Gallafest.
- FOOD group: make food for around 100 guests, but don’t worry, you won’t be alone in the kitchen!
- ENTERTAINMENT group: Do you want to be a model for a day and show your beauty and your attitude? Then choose this group.
- SERVICE group: Welcome our guests with a friendly smile, serve food and drinks, take their clothes, and just offer them a really good experience.
- MEDIA & MARKETING group: We need one person who can take photos of our guests at the photo booth.
- DECORATION group: Help us make the room ready – arrange tables, set the lights, decorate the tables, blow balloons, and so on.
See how awesome it is to be a
Use the hashtag #nbdfrivillig while you’re volunteering at one of our events, and you will get our attention – at each event we hold, we randomly choose one volunteer to get a prize.